Валидация лицензии для полетов в ЮАР (SA CAA) и полеты..

Аренда вертолета без пилота, в РФ, за рубежом. Маршруты, места, цены, рекомендации.

Модераторы: smixer, lt.ak, vova_k, Misha

Jan
R.I.P.
Member of AOPA: No

Валидация лицензии для полетов в ЮАР (SA CAA) и полеты..

#1 Сообщение Jan » 02 сен 2008, 16:34

Сперва первая попавшаяся цитата на сайте http://www.bushpilot.co.za :
Due to the inconvenient, time consuming and costly South African CAA validation process we have decided to re-register certain aircraft operated by us in Swaziland. The Swazi validation process is much more simple.
All you'll need to do is mail or email us a high resolution certified copy of your pilot license, radio operators license, medical certificate, last 2 pages of your log book plus a summary of your flight experience and we will have your Certificate of Validation processed for you prior to your arrival. The cost of this is R700.
Upon arrival, all you'll need to do is a quick check-flight, after which you're ready to set off.

If doing the bushpilot course the check-flight will form an integral part of the course.
Note: Allow 14 days for the processing of your documents.

South African registered aircraft ("ZS")

Note: The SA CAA has recently changed their regulations regarding the licence validation. Under these new regulations, applications need to be made a minimum of THREE MONTHS in advance as the licence needs to be verified with the issuing authority...

Note: The regulations regarding SA validations change quite frequently, please contact us to verify the correctness of this information.

Anyone with a foreign license wanting to fly a South African registered aircraft will unfortunately need to deal with the costly bureaucracy of getting their license validated. We'll minimize the hassle as much as possible:

You email or fax us a copy of your pilot's license, radio licence if seperate, medical and the relevant pages of your log book at least three months in advance and we'll send these to the CAA for verification with the issuing authority.

You send by post a certified true copy of above documents, 2 ID photos, a completed application form, and the relevant fee, which we will forward to the CAA once the licence has been verified.

The validation is issued before your arrival, with the following endorsement:

For private day VFR operations only, provided the holder first successfully completes an appropriate South African Air Law examination and a flight test at an
approved ATO, with a Grade I or ll flight instructor.

1. The Air Law Examination.
This 25 question, multiple choice exam used to be relatively simple, but since the CAA changed their exam syllabus it has become somewhat more difficult. Decent preperation is required. The passmark is 75%.
We'll send you the book on SA air law so that you can review this before arriving in SA.
2. A practical flight test.
You must pass a flight test of about 2-3 hrs on the aircraft type you wish to be validated on.
This is a basic test of your proficiency on that particular aircraft type, and will include steep turns, stalls, forced landings, a triangular cross country flight and other basic checks.

On top of this you'll need to be rated on the specific type of aircraft you wish to fly. This means at least 2hrs time on type in your logbook.

In theory you could complete the flight test and air law exam within a day, however rather allow a minimum of two days for bad weather or other unforeseen obstacles. The more time you have the better, there is enough to do in and around Johannesburg and Cape Town once the validation process is complete.

The SA validation is valid for three months, but can be extended by a year upon completion of the airlaw exam and flight test, as long as your foreign license and medical remain valid.

Собственно, сайт SA CAA - http://www.caa.co.za/. Пока внимательно не смотрел, возможно, что там некие уточнения и упрощения (либо наоборот).

Внизу прилеплена стандартная анкета, которую нужно отослать заранее для того, чтобы потом не заниматься ожиданием.

В целом, по слухам и словам очевидцев, вполне достаточно 2 дней, которые можно сократить, настойчиво и лично появившись в локальном представительстве SA CAA.

Прошу поделиться тайнами процесса, собственно и подсказать, как это сделать попроще. Знаю, что такие имеются.

Также интересуют школы, готовые на территории ЮАР предоставлять в аренду R-44. На данный момент пока что знаю одну контору - http://www.base4.co.za/ . Кто-нибудь подскажет еще что-нибудь? Тема уже поднималась, но результата не принесла. Посему начнем всерьез и заново.
Вложения
CA 61-01 14a - list.pdf
Чек-лист (который тоже надо заполнить и подписать) для отправки с остальными документами.
(50.43 КБ) 531 скачивание
CA 61-01.14 Application for validation or conversion of a foreign licence or rating-1.pdf
Application for validation or conversion of foreign licence or rating для SA CAA (новая версия от 2008 года).
(52.62 КБ) 563 скачивания

vova_k
Почетный SAONовец

#2 Сообщение vova_k » 02 сен 2008, 16:53

На всякий случай хочу уточнить - ты понял, что в ЮАР правила поменялись, и документы для валидации нужно засылать минимум за 3 месяца ? Именно поэтому они перерегистрировали некоторые самолеты в Swaziland, где валидация намного проще...

Jan
R.I.P.

#3 Сообщение Jan » 02 сен 2008, 17:05

Не-а.. не понял.. Точнее понял, но не знаю, как это применить по сути. Можно отсюда поподробнее?? А то я разницы между ЮАР и Свазилендом пока не вижу.. Получается, что если у меня нет 3 месяцев на то, чтобы SA CAA получило подтверждение лицензии (ну, из UK CAA она хотя бы придет, уверен), то мне надо, помимо прочего, искать контору, в которой борта зарегистрированы именно в Свазиленде, делать валидацию именно Свазиленда и потом уже далее? Из того, что я прочел, сделан вывод - контора делает валидацию через Свазиленд, но если мне надо летать на борту с регистрацией именно ЮАР, то они помогут мне сделать это :). Я так понимаю, что выбор бортов под Свазилендской регистрацией весьма ограничен. Следовательно - прямой путь в SA CAA. А три месяца пока вроде есть.

Тогда 2 вопроса:
1. А с валидированной SA CAA лицензией можно летать в Свазиленде?
2. Срок действия валидации лицензии SA CAA? Пока не нашел нигде. Тем более, по новым правилам.

И еще, в дополнение, упоминается некий экзамен по Air Law, я так понимаю, что свой, SA CAA. Где бы найти книжку или PDF с содержимым?

Ты же ведь в свое время валидировал свою лицензию? Процедура была попроще и быстрее?

Jan
R.I.P.

#4 Сообщение Jan » 02 сен 2008, 17:18

Так. Попытался прочесть написанное.
Свазиленд. Высылаю документы в контору. К моему приезду уже все провалидировано, надо только сделать чек-флайт и можно лететь. Это понятно.

ЮАР. Документы ТЕПЕРЬ высылаются за 3 месяца. Чтобы SA CAA успела получить подтверждение всего-всего из другой CAA. В связи с этим с русской лицензией будут некие проблемы, с UK CAA надо будет оплатить чуть-чуть денег и проблем не будет. Плюс надо будет сдать экзамен по Air Law - 25 вопросов, к которым надо подготавливаться, и отлетать 2-3 часа чек-флайт по полной программе, включая кросс-кантри.. Это по версии конторы, которая работает из Свазиленда..

Что-то меня начинают мучить смутные сомнения - как все просто в Свазиленде, как все сложно в ЮАР.. И документы они готовы отослать за меня.. я и сам могу.. и инструктора на чек-флайте проверяют все, вплоть до кросс-кантри.. :).

Последней "свазилендской" фразы вообще не понял. ".. валидация SA CAA действительна 3 месяца, но может быть продлена до года, если вы сдали "право" и "чек-флайт" и ваш medical и лицензия действуют в течение этого срока".

Реальный опыт - поделитесь, пожалуйста, а? :)

vova_k
Почетный SAONовец

#5 Сообщение vova_k » 02 сен 2008, 17:23

Я валидацию в ЮАР делал до изменений, но слышал, что сейчас там действительно все НАМНОГО сложнее и дольше стало. Попробую пообщаться со знакомыми оттуда, но не обещаю, что сделаю быстро...

Jan
R.I.P.

#6 Сообщение Jan » 02 сен 2008, 17:29

Володя, спасибо! Думаю, что месяц у меня еще есть :). Ты экзамен-то сдавал? Я про него еще год тому тоже слыхал вроде бы..

Нашел упоминание, что валидация стоит 4000 ZAR. Отконвертировать можно тут. Если грубо - порядка 500 долларов. Я так понимаю, что это с услугами конторы.. Прямой цены пока не нашел :).

Нашел еще одну процедуру валидации:
Long before you arrive on our shores, we have commenced the validation process as part of our facilitation program. You would have sent us various documentations and these will already be in the federal system. If required, you would have also received a pre-validation package. Upon arrival and after general orientation, we schedule briefings that cover Navigation and Chart reading (WAC charts different to what you are used to), Meteorology, African Flying Conditions, ATC procedures, terminology and reporting. We deal with deductible insurance cover on the airplane you will be flying and prepare you for the Navigational flight checkride and Airlaw open-book test. You embark on a checkride with a certified instructor for anything from half an hour to about 2 hours, on a pre-planned Nav cross-country to check your ability to navigate using only a WAC chart and navigational aids, but not GPS, communicate with ATC and check your piloting proficiency. Required for both insurance purposes and the SACAA.
On completion of the checkride and documentation, your validated licence becomes legal and you are cleared for takeoff!
На самом деле карты так сильно отличаются?

Еще одна контора с R-44 http://virtualpagesuk.com/heli/self_fly.htm . Цены смешные. 3000 рандов в час.

Misha
R.I.P.
Member of AOPA: Yes

#7 Сообщение Misha » 02 сен 2008, 22:09

Спроси Helimobil'a - он как раз делал в Йоганнесбурге в апреле или марте 2008. Не знаю, ДО или ПОСЛЕ изменений, но, по его рассказам (которые я, может, неточно запомнил), процедура заняла несколько дней. Валидацию, помнится, ему дали на 3 месяца (он мне показывал карточку со сроком действия до июня или июля 2008).

Впрочем, не уверен, что он скоро выйдет на связь - сегодня утром улетел на R44 в Сочи и под вечер с какими-то приключениями (как водится) приземлился под Воронежем. Захочет - сам потом отчитается...

L13
R.I.P.

#8 Сообщение L13 » 02 сен 2008, 22:23

Misha писал(а): Впрочем, не уверен, что он скоро выйдет на связь - сегодня утром улетел на R44 в Сочи и под вечер с какими-то приключениями (как водится) приземлился под Воронежем. Захочет - сам потом отчитается...
Да Дима не торопится :)

Jan
R.I.P.

#9 Сообщение Jan » 02 сен 2008, 22:42

Jan
R.I.P.

#10 Сообщение Jan » 04 сен 2008, 23:37

Места для аренды вертолетов, рекомендованные в ответ на запрос:
http://www.henleyair.co.za
http://www.bassair.co.za
http://www.heli.co.za

По мере общения и самого процесса буду дополнять.

acuba
Кинобыдло
Контактная информация:

#11 Сообщение acuba » 05 сен 2008, 00:09

валидация в ЮАР это гимор! там надо пересдавать экзамен air law и чекфлайт делать. Щас найду ответ на мой недавний пост на пруньке, там один чувак написал всю процедуру на самолёты, для вертолётов тоже самое будет явно
Последний раз редактировалось acuba 05 сен 2008, 00:12, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

acuba
Кинобыдло
Контактная информация:

#12 Сообщение acuba » 05 сен 2008, 00:11

вот выдернул с пруньки:

"I did some hour-building in South Africa in February. My advice is that it's a great place to fly but only do it if you are going to do 75 or more hours. Otherwise the economics don't add up. Remember, you're paying for flights out there and accommodation, and don't forget that SA is such a beautiful and diverse place that you'll have to do the touristy stuff.

You will have to get your JAR PPL validated. You can do this at any FTO in SA as far as I know. I chose Lanseria Flight Centre because of its proximity to the SA CAA in Johannesburg. I was told that the internal postal service delays could add three weeks on to the validation process, so I wanted to be nearby. Lanseria Airport is just outside Johannesburg and is quite a busy Business Jet and Charter Airline hub, so it's a pretty good place to experience a full ATC airport.

I just looked at my Statement from Laseria Flight Centre and they charged me £415 to validate my Licence. That figure includes the SA CAA PPL Air Law exam, which you sit online. You definitely ought to get Part 61 of the SA Air Navigation Regulations in advance. It's not really something you can study the night before. Half the questions are absurdly detailed and relate to licensing rather than flying. Do you care about the competency requirements for SA Student Pilots when you're a JAR PPL holder? I think I paid an additional, but modest, fee direct to the CAA when I drove there to get the document issued. Incidentally, despite my initial problems, they were very organised on the day.

The Validation included a briefing, a familiarisation flight around the local area, a general handling flight and a cross-country Nav flight. It's an absurdly detailed validation process when you consider SA is an ICAO nation desperate to join the JAA, the people doing it are probably only wanting to hire a plane for some sight-seeing, yet it's pretty much the same as doing an SA PPL test. Surely an abbreviated PPL Air Law test (focusing on the differences between JAR and local SA operations and procedures and not licensing) plus a check ride would be sufficient?! To rub it in, after doing all this rubbish, it only lasts for a year.

Oh and I also spent £200 on a week's accommodation and food in a B&B near Lanseria. I also had to pay for a week's car hire (only about £100) and a replacement internal flight to Cape Town because the delays caused by the FTO's disorganisation (aircraft and instructor availability) meant my general handling and nav flights were conducted seperately and the whole process took 7 days rather than the 3 they promised when I booked it.

I don't know if Algoa are more experienced in doing JAR PPL licence conversions, but Lanseria seemed a bit unsure of requriements. To be fair to them, the SA CAA had just changed the rules. Apparently. I did come out of it feeling I had been taken for a ride.

I then flew to Cape Town and stayed with my Dad for a month. I joined Cape Town Flying Club and flew their C172s around the Western Cape. It's a truly wonderful place to aviate. I know SA very well, having spent many years there, so I know that Algoa and the South-east are also worth seeing, but for me Cape Town is too special to miss.

Basically, a C172 was costing about £65 per hour when I did my hour-building. It's probably a bit more expensive due to oil price hikes. When you add-on the cost of accommodation and flights, you are only looking at making a saving on flying in the UK if you do a lot of hours. But then again, I spent amonth flying in and out of Cape Town International's busy airspace, amongst the 747s, and with that fantastic view the whole time!!!!"

Jan
R.I.P.

#13 Сообщение Jan » 05 сен 2008, 06:57

Н-да.. Ну сдам я еще один экзамен, куда деваться :).

Jan
R.I.P.

#14 Сообщение Jan » 05 сен 2008, 07:10

Странные люди живут в ЮАР. Я им про "self-fly", они мне в ответ: "Пройти курс PPL (H) - столько то денег, CPL (H) - столько то.. А еще мы предоставляем 3-развое питание на время обучения и собственную комнату в коттежде для студентов..". Кому-нить интересны цены на обучение? А то мне этих файлов навалили - хоть маркетинговое исследование проводи..

Serega
Site Admin
Member of AOPA: Yes

#15 Сообщение Serega » 05 сен 2008, 09:30

Ян, выложи пожалуйста если не сложно.
Иванов Сергей

Ответить

Вернуться в «Аренда вертолета, Вертолет и горы»